View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 03:27 AM   #13
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca1 View Post
I do not know her "numbers" as the vet just said they were almost "normal" and I don't know what mvd is. He did say, however, she does not have a liver shunt. Since she has been on the antibiotics and L/D food, she has gained 1 1/2 lbs. She does still occasionally have diarrhea (and that's when we found out about the colitis); took a fecal sample in and no other worms, parasites or problems showed up in the fecal sample.
if her numbers are almost normal then mvd which is tiny shunts in liver thus not allowing liver to function properly see link

MVD

get a copy of all blood work and vet records and keep in file at home always as if your baby has an emergency you need those records so they do not retest for no reason

my dog has mvd with no symptoms and she is on 18% protein so dogs with no symptoms of mvd can be on 22% or lower food and dogs with symptoms 18% protein and does not necessarily have to be L/D with no symptoms -keep in mind alot of vets are not real familiar with liver shunt and mvd

join this group to learn more about it

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/L...d_MVD_Support/

Last edited by dwerten; 02-18-2010 at 03:29 AM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!