View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
1kumiko
Senior Yorkie Talker

Rain Morkie talk & my experience w/ evil pet shop

On Nov 15, 2009, I bought my yorkie from Animal Kingdom in Grover Beach, ca. He is joy on 4 legs, but also very, very loving. He was bought on impulse, and though I don’t regret, there are things I should have done differently # 1à not trusted the pet store personnel, and probably should have bought my furbaby from a house breeder.
The employees seemed very helpful & nice. So that in combination with my inexperitice made me trust them completely. They required me to buy the food the puppy supposedly ate there & a rebound, I was incentived to but $300 in accessories to get a 10% off; I signed a dozen papers relying only on the girls good faith & her lecture of the main points on each document (my mistake, their dishonesty).
Problems: the puppy was 9 weeks old, not 6 weeks like stated; he didn’t ate the adult dog food they made me purchase which clearly indicates he wasn’t really under that food; vomiting and constipation followed; later I noticed I wasn’t given a sales receipt; for those who red my previous post, I’m suspecting my puppy, now 4 months, is not a purebred yorkie.I acknowledged he wasn’t akc registered (reason why he was $200 off), but they insisted that wasn’t an indicator of anything & that he was purebred.
I have fallen in love w/him I don’t intend on losing my… morkie?
I should add photos later. For now I can tell you he has gotten white hair on his head & 40% of whole body white instead of tan (little tan only on legs n hears).
How much is a morkie? I know it’s difficult to place a monetary value, but the reality is people/shops sell them for profit & we as consumers have right to get what we paid for, in this case I think I will be asking for a reimbursement.
For what reason would a breeder not register his litter/puppies? Is this an indicator of impure breed/mix?
I appreciate your insights into my issue!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!