View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBug View Post
Hi everyone! I have been on here on and off- and am shocked to see how many yorkies have liver issues- Lilly had her 3rd bile acids done yesterday and unfortunately despite diet and lactulose they are going up. Pre was around 11 and Post was 98.7 We were managing medically only as last year her post was in the 50's. ALT and AST are normal. She has had no S/Sx clinically. They had a hard time getting her to eat her food and had to give her something else- I am not sure what. She is currently on the soft L/D mixed with hard L/D diet. I give her a little cottage cheese and sweet potatoes at times to get her to take the lactulose.

My vet is looking into prices and more information from UW Madison for further testing- If we go that route. I really hate to put her through such invasive procedures as she is only 3 1/2 pounds. I NEED ADVICE PLEASE! Lilly is just shy of two, and is our baby!! Anyone have any guidance? Thanks
honestly if she was mine and she has NO symptoms and never has then i would just do low protein diet and further test if symptoms occur - if they have mvd the bats will always be abnormal but your baby is below 100 and no symptoms so most likely mvd
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!