View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
3TerrorsMom
Yorkie Yakker

Default My experience with Poo Eater

Oh Geez, long story why a Boston Terrier owner is on a Yorkie Site (my friend's yorkie got terrribly burned at groomers and I joined the site to get help...and yorkie prayers have worked!) - but this topic caught my eye. Poo eating is very common..never knew that until confronted with the problem with my youngest. So common it has a name "Coprophagia". Sounds like it could be a temporary issue with your little one due to the colitis. But if it doesn't help..I offer what worked for me. I tried the Excel, other off shelf and couple different things from vet, was in tears over it. I couldn't pick it up fast enough, she beat me to it everytime...and the only thing that worked (and still does 99% of time) was a suggestion from another dog owner...I changed her food to Innova "small bites" - it is 100% natural, no beef..it's turkey..within a week I saw a major difference. Vet also recommended a diet change due to recent research. I feed all 3 of my dogs the Innova - it's rather pricey and you will need to find out who sells in your area...but well worth the $ to give it a try. A friend also uses it based upon my recommendation and her 2 yorkies love it.
3TerrorsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!