Thread: Doggie Day Care
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
BanditSocks2
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
- They should interview you / Hannah before they accept her.

- They should ask for your vet's information, and how much they are authorized to spend on your behalf if there's an emergency and they can't reach you.

- THEY SHOULD HAVE A TRAINER ON STAFF.

- They should have a small dogs section.

- Hannah should LOVE going, and be happy and tired when she comes back.

I don't know what kind of personality Hannah has, but a badly run daycare can actually be stressful for some dogs - they might be afraid of some of their companions, or not have enough alone time.
I agree! Our daycare perosn had a VERY thorough interview with Bandit and how he interacted with her two dogs and evaluated his temperment. She also required all vaccienes. Bandit and Nala LOVE going... when we turn down that road they get so excited and Bandit starts yelping in the car (that's what he does when he gets excited- but only in the car lol) and they RUN to her door. Bandit doesn't form a bond with many people but he has a really strong bond with her. She trains the dogs while they're there also. The only thing I wish was different was that there was a small dog section. However, the lady is AMAZING, and watches them so carefully. You will get a comfortable feeling when you go. I was nervous the first day they each started, but feel totally safe with them going there.
BanditSocks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!