View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
YEP...I'm a zombie alright. Kinda find myself walking in a room and trying to remember what I was doing...LOL It's getting better.

I really enjoyed meeting you and I have a very cute picture of us with our hats on. I'll have to send it to you. The dinner was very nice, I never had the pleasure of meeting Roberta but I can tell she was truly loved and respected by so many. I think she would have been proud of the event. What a tribute.....She definitely left an incredible legacy! It was an honor to be there and pay my respects to a true Yorkshire Terrier icon.
Roberta was the most gracious lady you could ever meet. Always willing to help and educate. You could never miss her in a crowd, a very tall statuesque lady, with wonderful posture. I remember going to pick her and Vicki Meadows up at the airport in Dallas. We were at one gate and she was coming in at another. I sent my husband to her gate, he asked how he was suppose to recognize her (he'd never met her), I told him, you can't miss her she's a very tall, blond woman. 10 minutes later he came back and whispered in my ear; why didn't you tell me about her incredible smile, that's what I noticed first. She was the only woman I know that could wear white in the ring (not on carpet) and her pants would stay impeccably clean. She left her mark and the Yorkie world will miss her.

Last edited by Mardelin; 02-16-2010 at 06:05 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!