View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #11
Maddie23
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritwings1202 View Post
I do not let my dogs off a leash especially Daisy. She has been a runner since she was 12 weeks and still is at 6 years. Everytime I give her a chance to play ball without a leash she blows it by looking at me and bolting for the woods. She won't come when you call she just goes about her merry way. My husband let her out to greet me once with the leash attached to her, and she ran to me and made a mad dash for the woods. I called her about 15 times and nothing. So I was starting to panic bc she had a leash attached to her and I was afraid she was going to hang herself or something. I pushed the panic button on the car and she came running to me. lol I do not give her one inch of freedom unless she is fenced in. Give her an inch and she takes 20 miles. lol
My Maddie is the same way. I can have her sit and wait at an open door for as long as I want to. She will NOT go through the door to the outside until I release her... BUT.... let a door open to the outside with no one there to tell her to sit and wait and ALL bets are off. Out so goes and off she goes. Found out the hard way when I had workers at my house and she climbed, yes climbed, over the baby gate in the hallway to see what was going on! And talk about FAST. She is down the street before I can even get outside. Oh, and the call and her name and run the other way. HA. Good luck if she will even pause to look back!!! The only way to get her back is to yell down the street "RIDE!!!! MADDIE WANT TO GO FOR A RIDE????!!!!!". That furbutt will do anything to go for a ride!
Maddie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!