View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3nnif3r View Post
That's some great advise. I do practice the stay command. When we go out I tell her to stay and she does ok with it. Also I like the idea about the longer leash and going to a park. I'm gonna try that. I'll also try watching the shows you suggested. Thanks so much.
You're welcome! Good luck!

I learned a lot from those 2 shows. You can find some episodes on Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free. and youtube as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike-a-roni View Post
I recommend a fence. You should never let your dog run lose unless you know for absolute certain that she will not run away when distracted.

It really isn't fare when an unleashed dog runs up on someone with a leashed dog aggressive dog. Not to mention a yorkie is a small dog and could be easily damaged.
I agree, a fence is GREAT... however, they are not cheap! My dad has a big fenced in yard and it's sooo nice being able to just let Jackson out, whereas I can't at our regular home. But like I said, I have a 50 foot leash that gives him a lot of room and I will allow him off leash at times if I'm watching 24/7. I can't afford a fence.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!