View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup-e-Love View Post
I have a call in to the vet, but I thought I would ask you guys while I'm waiting. He has been puking on and off for about a week. He was eating grass last week and then coming in a puking. The vet said the grass was causing him to puke and told me to give him a 1/4 of a Pepcid 2x a day for three days. I thought it was working 'cause he quite eating the grass, but then again it snowed last week and he has not been able to get to the grass. At the end of last week he started to puke again, this time I was thinking that it had to do with his food. He had not been eating his food very well, (he was getting bored with it well before he started puking). So, I started sprinkling some Parmesan cheese over his food, and then he was throwing that up after he ate it. I stopped with the cheese. This weekend I started switching over to Orijen and he really likes it. He has not puked for a few days so I thought all was good. Then today, a couple hours after he ate his food he puked again. Arrggg! I did the 25/75% new/old food mix, but he was picking out the new stuff. I smooshed up the new and mixed it in the old to make sure he was eating both old and new. Do you think that the new food could still have caused him to puke? Also, he is pooping fine, nice and firm, so I don't think he has a blockage anywhere. Thanks! Sorry for the long post!
sounds like inflammatory bowel disease to me is he throwing up food in the vomit or just bile? if food then the small intestines is inflamed thus not allowing the food to pass. They eat grass when they are trying to vomit something up in their stomach as instinct. Google inflammatory foods and make sure nothing in food. Honestly if this was my dog as i have an ibd dog i would recommend natural balance venison and sweet potato as it is a limited ingredient food and good for allergy and ibd dogs. Ibd is a food intolerance and when the intestines get inflamed it takes a while for them to calm down so could also be tied to colitis as well
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!