Thread: Thrombosis
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #9
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Omg, I'm so sorry .

Thrombosis (well, and embolus too...which is a thrmobosis that starts traveling, and can be critical very quickly) is something familar in humans (think of "DVT" or deep vein thrombosis in humans - this is why they tell you to "move your legs" on airplanes often).

Depending on where emboli lodge themselves (ie, where they end up after traveling) and what underlying health problems are also present (diagnosed/undiagnosed) really determines whether the outcome is hopeful or, unfortunately, deadly (even instant).

Did this baby have any health problems that your friend was aware of?
thanks so much - no health problems she was 9 years old and healthy she never said she had any health issues as her boy has ct so we are always worried about him so this just came as a surprise and she has an awesome vet and they went to a great specialty hospital on the road she said they were very high tech and everyone was in shock - they gave her pred shot and her vet said make her comfortable and she passes within hours on the truck. Her vet knew she would not make it but wanted her in a comfortable familiar place. He just did not want to tell my friend she would pass as he was hoping for the best - so sad

she told me it can happen at any times in humans or dogs and usually due to trauma or illness but she said scarlett was not acting abnormal until they day they ran her to specialty hospital as she was acting a little lethargic so she wanted to have her checked out to be safe - she never thought she was that serious

Last edited by dwerten; 02-15-2010 at 07:08 PM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!