View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
Pup-e-Love
YT 500 Club Member

Question What do you think is causing him to puke?

I have a call in to the vet, but I thought I would ask you guys while I'm waiting. He has been puking on and off for about a week. He was eating grass last week and then coming in a puking. The vet said the grass was causing him to puke and told me to give him a 1/4 of a Pepcid 2x a day for three days. I thought it was working 'cause he quite eating the grass, but then again it snowed last week and he has not been able to get to the grass. At the end of last week he started to puke again, this time I was thinking that it had to do with his food. He had not been eating his food very well, (he was getting bored with it well before he started puking). So, I started sprinkling some Parmesan cheese over his food, and then he was throwing that up after he ate it. I stopped with the cheese. This weekend I started switching over to Orijen and he really likes it. He has not puked for a few days so I thought all was good. Then today, a couple hours after he ate his food he puked again. Arrggg! I did the 25/75% new/old food mix, but he was picking out the new stuff. I smooshed up the new and mixed it in the old to make sure he was eating both old and new. Do you think that the new food could still have caused him to puke? Also, he is pooping fine, nice and firm, so I don't think he has a blockage anywhere. Thanks! Sorry for the long post!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!