Thread: Biewer VS Parti
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Lots of people believe there's a very big difference between the biewer and the parti. The Biewer may have started out a Parti, but Mr. Biewer bred hundred of dogs through selective breeding and developed a strain of Yorkie with specific traits and markings. It sounds like he had a specific thought, and was breeding for a purpose, beyond selling pets. Unfortunately he died, and his dogs have gone off in many directions. I would not advise you purchasing a dog from a Biewer breeder who didn't think they was a difference, that means that they really haven't done their homework and are not breeding for the purpose of betterment of the breed, but only because the Biewer is popular now. I would look into the clubs, and find a club that matched my beliefs in breeding, since Biewers can't be registered with the AKC, you will have to carefully screen the registries they do use. Beware of the Biewer breeder who also breeds part's they are watering down both lines, and it's a sure sign they they are selling for profit only.

Partis, are a multicolored yorkie with the recessive gene,, they have no standard other than the normal yorkie standard, so it may be difficult to know if you are getting a good representative of the breed. One trait breeders often just breed for that particular trait and overlook other important qualities so in this case too, you have to be very careful to find a breeding who understands the necessity of health testing, both parti's and biewers have been interbred, a lot, and this makes them more susceptible to certain conditions. Find a breeder that knows this and tests for it.

Join today and remove this ad!