View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

I have heard of dogs being allergic to meats, but usually the vet recommends different meat. If she's having trouble on chicken, I would try lamb or fish. I personally wouldn't want a no meat diet, unless I'd had proof the dog was allergic to meat. Keeping a food diary and writing symptoms can help. Sometimes the actual dog food isn't the problem, it's treats or table scraps, someone has given them, and you don't even know about it. So first thing is ask if anyone has been giving snacks. Hopefully, they will tell the truth. What's the weather like, does she get in snow, and does the snow get salted? Are you sure the itching is excessive, you say it's just in the morning; could she be allergic to the detergent you use to wash the bedding? Some people find an extra rinse helpful. Most people use far too much detergent and it doesn't get rinsed out, also those dryer sheets can cause problems for some people. It odd that she experiences this only in the morning, any snacks right before bedtime?

I know when you are looking for allergies in children you keep a food diary, and feed one thing the first day, and if no symptoms, you slowly add new food.

Join today and remove this ad!