View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 04:50 PM   #7
PlatinumYorkies
Monte, Mone't's Joy!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry Lynn
Me too! I used to work in catering, so I have a great way with food, but baking is just too precise for me. When I cook it's usually a little of this a pinch of that-no real recipe! You can't do that when you bake, so its always a disaster!

I'm going to in-laws this year, and bless her heart, my MIL is a REALLY bad cook! Every thing is always cold because she cooks the day before and microwaves right before serving. The first dish is already cold by the time the last dish makes it out of the microwave.

She never cooks veggies, and knows I like them, so one time she microwaved frozen broccoli and when she served it, it was still in the square shape of the container! lol Then there was the time she cooked the turkey upside down. Looked funny, but was actually the moistest turkey she ever served!

Bless her heart!!
I cook very well, there just a few thing's I have a bit of a problem getting the a handle on. Thank's for the gravy tip.

I am going to try to bake a cake next week, I will let you all know hot it comes out.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!