View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

Default Winter Allergies or Food Allergies

I need a little advice from all you yorkie owners that are NOT swayed by everything that a vet tells them about dog food and allergies.

Sadie is on Nature's Variety Raw diet, right now she's eating chicken, but i switch meats every bag usually.

She's doing so great weight wise on this and I'm very happy with the variety of protiens in the meat and eggs in this product.

My concern is that every morning she's very itchy. It seems that it's only mornings though. She's not itchy all day long, but she's scratching when she wakes up in the morning.

Could this be just winter skin and a routine of waking up a bit dry? Or is she possibly having some food allergies to something. Her food is 100% grain free now, so i don't know what she'd be that allergic to unless it's a meat protien.

The vet's claim that meats are often more of an allergy than grains and to put her on a mostly grain aka SOY diet.... but i'm totally against her eating primarily SOY due to my research about raw diets and meat heavy diets.

What do you guys think about all this? Should I just keep feeding her what works well and use coat conditioners, benedryl, and more fish oil with her?
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!