View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 03:27 PM   #26
Lexi's_Mommy
~GirlieGirls~
Donating Member

Thanks everyone for your support. I have checked her everyday for the last 3 months and the vet checks her every other week. Up til yesterday her skin was never even red/pink let alone marks and chew spots.

I have an appointment with 2 NEW vets Mon. (just to meet them and descuss my baby) I really do hope it is a parasite. I have been reading a lot for the last couple months and still feel helpless.

I have them on a Duck and Potatoe diet. No treats, Lexi is on Benadryl, an oil supplement,(for all those who suggested Omage 3 I feel stupid cuz she is on that just called something else) and now they are being treated for parasites with revolution. I did get the number of an allergist and will be calling him on Mon. I am looking for a good oat meal shampoo and conditioner for dogs.

I didn't think of this til last night, but Lexi started itching right after I started useing the CC products. Man I hope that isn't what is causing the itching, I love that stuff.

They can't have another bath til tomarrow evening cuz of the revolution and then I will bathe them in the oatmeal and hope that helps some.

After everything I have been doing and am doing if the new shampoo doesn't help I will take her to the allergist to have the skin test done. I am not doing the blood test because it doesn't test for nearly as many things as the skin test does. The vet that we have been going to said that the test is about $800 but very worth it.

Again thanks everyone, I have been reading the links also. Lots of good info...
Lexi's_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!