View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
littlemulan
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Disc in spinal cord raptured

Thanks to all of you who responded. I wasnt able to check my emails until now. It got to be an emergency. After I got a discharge appointment with our Vet at Plaza Del Amo Hospital, I tried to contact the two main specialty centers my vet referred: Veterinary Neurology Center in Tustin and ASG by Glendale area. ASG said there are no neurologists available but advised that Chloe to be taken to the emergency clinic right away and that she might not last till Monday. Veterinary Neurology Center in Tustin said that there are no available appointments till the following week but I called back to see if they will take an emergency one and they said yes. Dr Hansen did the examination and said that Chloe might have problem with disk rapture in her neck area. He had to perform a Myelogram to make sure and he proceeded to do the surgery while she was still under. He called me around 10:00pm to let me know that the procedure went well and that Chloe is waking up. This was a big relief and we thank God for his blessing and giving us this peace. This morning Dr Hansen called me again to let me know that he had checked up on Chloe and that she is fine. Chloe is staying with them till Tuesday. He said Yorkie and some smaller dogs tend to have this problem. He found two rapture discs. The full recovery time is six weeks with the first two weeks Chloe being abstained from any activities. Please pray for good healing time. Chloe have to stay with them for a few days. She is in intensive care.
littlemulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!