View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
jmdt
YT 3000 Club Member

Sad oh, my poor Trix !!!

Trixie woke up this morning crying in pain. I didn't know what is wrong. I just thought that Wally, the baby, was playing too rough with her. She hasn't been herself since last Monday when she got her rabies and her distemper shots. Hardly eating and drinking, and not really playing with Wally like she usually does. She seems to have some kind of jaw pain. Every time she tries to yawn she just yelps in pain. I call the vet and immediately and bring her in. He did a full blood work series. That all, thank Goodness, came out fine. She has nothing visibly wrong with her mouth. He thinks maybe she strained it biting a bone or something. She can't open her mouth, like to yawn. He gave her a cortisone shot and gave me meds to give her for the week. If it is not better with these meds then I have to bring her back next Saturday and try to figure out the next step. I'm thinking that maybe she strained it, because when the vet last week was clipping her nails it took 2 people to kind of hold her. She hates it!!! Maybe she pulled something!!! She just ate a little kibble and my daughte gave her some banana. I will cook her up some chicken and rice for dinner. I hate when they are not themselves. Boy do I wish they could talk. My poor baby!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!