View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 06:02 AM   #4
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Name Is Rio View Post
Rio has been acting strange since yesterday afternoon where she shakes as if she's scared and then backs up in circles, sits down for a few seconds, then gets up and backs up in circles and sits down again. She also had diarrhea last night but ate nothing new or different. After the diarrhea, I gave her some canned pure pumpkin. She has been eating and drinking. Throughout the night she has not acted like herself, just jumping off the bed and doing her little backward circles. Have any of you experienced this with your furbaby? I'm really worried and will probably take her to her vet as soon as the office opens in 4 hours.
She MAY have an upset tummy and is having problems with 'going' - the shaking can be a sign of pain or illness.....poor baby....you're smart to get her in especially with the shaking and circles.

I've noticed mine when uncomfortable (or constipated) will act like they're confused and sit up and down alot - but no shaking - that would bother me

oh rats - just saw your post after I submitted mine - The vet sounds great to tell you to get her in - better to be safe than sorry and I hope it's just an upset tummy !

Edited AGAIN - Is she otherwise acting ok ? I don't know how big she is - but The ER Vet can be very pricy and if you can see your normal vet - make that judgement call - Have you tried nutrical ? and maybe trying to get her to drink ?

Last edited by red98vett; 02-13-2010 at 06:05 AM.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!