View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #11
BellaBlue82
Twilight lovin' Yakker

Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen in nj View Post
as a breeder this is the list I send to get home ready for the new puppy..

Getting your home ready for your puppy...
Bringing a young puppy home is just like bringing in a real baby,but this one moves faster and loves to chew everything in sight. So to prevent that we need to get ready for your puppy’s arrival..
1. A must have is a small X- pen – You can find one at a reasonable price at your local Pet Store. I bought my 2 at my local pet good store for $70.00 each.
2. Ceramic or Stainless steel Bowls for food and water, Plastic ones retain bacteria and odors.
3. Plenty of puppy pads- I order mine online from a medical supply and get much more than the ones at the pet stores. Washable pads are very good too.. I use those for the little ones.
4. Bitter Chew or Sour apple Spray, if your pup shows interest in your shoes or furniture just spray a bit of this to discourage him from wanting to chew it.
5. A sweater- your puppy is a silkie non sheding dog, he has no under coat therefore if you are cold your pup is cold. A sweater and a coat is a necesity for this breed.
6. A leash, Collar, harness and name tag..
7. A crate for your puppy to sleep, and to transport him to and from in outings , your puppy is been trained to sleep in a plastic crate since he was 6 weeks old. Moving the crate from the x pen to your bedroom at night will prevent the puppy from being lonely and crying at night.
8. Your puppy eats a very high quality all stages food, you will get a sample bag from me and a small can, your pup should stay on this food is one of the best foods in the market today. Make sure you have a small bag at home for him, he eats a mix of wet and kibble ¼ of a cup, 3 times a day to prevent hipoglicemia. Until he is one year old, then he eats twice a day, small toy breeds need two small meals a day after age one.
9. A tube of Nutri-Cal found is most pet stores, is a most for any puppy owner. Sometimes you need to give a pea size drop to your puppy if he is not feeling well and a bottle of Karo clear syrop in case his/her blood sugar gets low.
10. Keep your puppy indoors and away from other dogs until all his vaccines are done.
Thanks for the wonderful tips! I did have a question though, at what age are they finished with all of their shots? My baby is six months old... is that old enough to take out?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!