View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
BellaBlue82
Twilight lovin' Yakker

Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritwings1202 View Post
first of all congrats on your new baby!
I did not take my Pixie anywhere except to the vet for her shots until she had all her shots. I didn't want her to pick up anything anywhere. Once she has had all her vaccinations I would take her to pet smart but I would not let her interact with other dogs bc she was so small and you can never be sure what another dog will do.
Also I did not let other people handle her until she was 4 months. I would have friends over at christmas and I told them that they could NOT pick up my puppy bc she hadn't had all her shots yet and I didn't want her to get sick. I think you have to be careful bc they are so small.
Also I would recommend a ex-pen for your dog. I have a picture on my in my album it is the album of when I first got Pixie.
I had it set up in the elongated way, her bed at one food in the middle and a pee pad where the gate was. When I was not going to be home Pixie went in her pen. I felt good about this bc she couldn't get into anything and she was safe from hurting herself. I would put toys in there so she could play.
I still put Pixie in there when I go somewhere. I also have a 6 yr old Jack-a-poo and i can't be sure that they won't rough play too much. So when I leave Pixie goes in her ex-pen and she is use to this. If you have any questions there is a lot of support here on YT. Good luck and enjoy your new baby
Well due to extenuating circumstances I wasn't able to bring her home until now, so she's six months old and caught up on all of her shots. The breeder is sending me all of her vet info, and she's already been spayed as well. When she arrives I will be taking her to the vetjust to get a check up, but other than that she's caught up on everything. I think if I take her out to Petsmart, I'll just put her in a bag so she'll be safe. I'm gonna go shopping for an ex pen this week, thanks for the advice!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!