View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
spiritwings1202
Pixie and Daisy
Donating Member

first of all congrats on your new baby!
I did not take my Pixie anywhere except to the vet for her shots until she had all her shots. I didn't want her to pick up anything anywhere. Once she has had all her vaccinations I would take her to pet smart but I would not let her interact with other dogs bc she was so small and you can never be sure what another dog will do.
Also I did not let other people handle her until she was 4 months. I would have friends over at christmas and I told them that they could NOT pick up my puppy bc she hadn't had all her shots yet and I didn't want her to get sick. I think you have to be careful bc they are so small.
Also I would recommend a ex-pen for your dog. I have a picture on my in my album it is the album of when I first got Pixie.
I had it set up in the elongated way, her bed at one food in the middle and a pee pad where the gate was. When I was not going to be home Pixie went in her pen. I felt good about this bc she couldn't get into anything and she was safe from hurting herself. I would put toys in there so she could play.
I still put Pixie in there when I go somewhere. I also have a 6 yr old Jack-a-poo and i can't be sure that they won't rough play too much. So when I leave Pixie goes in her ex-pen and she is use to this. If you have any questions there is a lot of support here on YT. Good luck and enjoy your new baby
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!