View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
kezza
Lovin my Pixie Pooh
Donating Member

Default Princess Pixie Pooh is going in for a hernia op on tuesday..

I haven't been on here in 3 MONTHS! I can't believe it's been that long! I missed everyone and i'm back freaking out and looking for support and understanding from all you lovely yorkie mummies & daddies..
Last year Pixie had an eye problem..it appeared she was going blind in her right eye..I was so upset as she is just 2 and a half...she had Optic Neuritis..inflammation of the optic nerve...it was treated aggressively with steriod eye drops, a steroid shot and antibiotics and she regained her sight...still have no idea what caused it but i'm so thankful that she didn't lose her sight..PHEW...that panic over!
While we were treating her for that, I noticed a spongy lump appear on her tummy...I think it may be a Diaphragmatic hernia...and I thought; 'Oh god what now!'
I'm ashamed to say I put it off..knowing that she would probably have to have surgery and I wanted the eye sorted first...then it was christmas...but it was constantly in the back of my mind...I kept a close eye on it to make sure it wasn't changing in size, colour etc and it didn't bother her in slightest...sometimes it would almost disappear completely..but the last few days I noticed it was bulging and not retracting so i knew it was time to get her to our vet.
He is an excellent vet with a good reputation and excellent facilities right within walking distance of our home, we are very lucky..and he was so good when he did her spay...he knows i'm a worrier and he has a confident, no nonsense manner which is very reassuring she recovered very quickly from her spay and he said that this surgery is less invasive than the spay..so i'm hoping she does really well and recovers fast...obviously with her being such a little girl...i'm a very worried mummy! we drop her off at just after 9am tuesday morning and will be picking her up just before 5pm that day. I will be pacing the floor and fretting all day.
anyway..it's good to be back...hello to all my old friends on here and hello and welcome to all the new ones!
I'll try not to leave it so long next time! Hugs to all...Kez & Pixie Pooh xxx
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!