View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
BellaBlue82
Twilight lovin' Yakker

Star Please help! Bringing new pup home!

Hello all, I'm finally bringing my baby girl home on the 23rd after MONTHS of waiting! I'm so excited and I'm trying to prep my home for our first dog. I know all of the basics (I've been on this site for a couple of months reading up on all kinds of things!) like securing wires, cabinets, and keeping them in sight at all times. The breeder is sending me a box full of goodies before my Sasha arrives (that's her new name!), things like food, toys, t-shirt, coupons, shampoo... but for the other things that I need, like a collar and harness, should I wait until she gets here and just take her to Petsmart with me? Is that safe with such a small breed? The last thing I want is someone's huge dog jumping all over her. Being that she will still be adjusting to my family and be out of her comfort zone (she's been with the breeder in Texas for six months), will she do OK outside of my house? LIke, if I put her in a small bag to take her out will she pee or poo in it? Any suggestions you might have for me on helping her make a comfortable transition to my family would be greatly appreciated!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!