View Single Post
Old 03-29-2004, 03:27 AM   #6
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissey
I know about chocolate being potentially fatal, but onion, too? Are spices bad for our babies bettyanne? I'd definitely be interested in some kind of full list detailing FOODS TO AVOID for Yorkies, as anything we can do to save a Yorkie's life potentially is worthwhile!!!
We read every article we can find ... there's lots of good information online. One book we have found to be really helpful early on was "A New Owners Guide to Yorkshire Terriers by Janet Jackson". Our breeder knows her and respects her work with this breed. Others have advised to strictly avoid all "spicey" seasonings and food containing them. One thing I was surprised to find that's OK is garlic [in moderation]. We pretty much run anything new past our Vet for her approval. [I have her on "speed dial"! ] I will try and find some of the "links" and forward them to you. Their little systems are so tiny that we are probably way too cautious ... but I would just die if anything were to happen to Toto!! Expecially, something that I did wrong!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!