View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debelm2 View Post
A week or so after we got Missy she had a bad episode. It was very frightening, she was almost unresponsive, but she has not had another episode since. She is now 4 1/2 months old. And although it took quite a while that day for Missy to get back to being herself she has shown no ill effects at all from it. We have been extra watchful and careful since, we just make sure she eats before putting her to bed and even give her canned food if she doesn't seem to eat enough of her dry. We didn't want to use canned food but we figured it was more important that she just eat. Also as already said we make sure she has food in her crate during the night too and that we always have honey or corn syrup with us when we take her anywhere just in case. Not an expert by no means, we're newbies at this, just wanted to let you know our experience with it. Try not to worry too much, though I know that isn't easy. It took quite a while before I stopped holding my breath each morning when I went to check on her when we got up! Good luck. Debbie
Canned wet food is fine, it helps with digestion.....just not as the only food you give.

No honey, has too much bacteria. Corn syrup is good, but NutriCal is much better.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!