View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #14
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlewis16 View Post
Also I forgot to say that my now old vet told me on phone tonight that he could not be startled into a seizure even though in my opinion that is exactly what happened is this possible and I think the groomer used clippers for the first time today where she usually uses scissors, this could have scared him and dropped his blood sugar which caused the first one and his blood sugar was still low when we brought him home which is why the phone ringing when he was asleep startled him into the second one. This is just my theory from all the research I have been doing, Is this possible? The groomer has a rule that you have to drop them off by 9 A.M. and pick them up at 2 P.M. so they know how many they have is this normal practice, or is it in case they do something wrong they have time for the dog to heal up or act better?
i use a groomer that i stand there with my dogs and help her groom at my home - do not trust sorry - see the thread about the dog that was burned at the groomers it is horrific. They have no training and it is all hands on and heard to many horror stories and afraid this is another one

No I have not heard of them being startled into another seizure before -- I think this sounds like head trauma to me as it is not occuring after food and has never occured before.

Your dog would have to be really bad to be a hypoglycemic seizure as mine had hypog when i first got him and he just layed on his side and was very lethargic but he never had violent seizures - we rubbed his gums with honey gave him pedialyte and he bounced back no prob. If your dog was prone to these episodes he would have had them before I think especially since you have taken him to this groomer before - why has this not happened before

Please have him checked out asap and get a new vet
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!