Thread: sick Daisy
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #9
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetguy View Post
My female, (Daisy, 2 1/2 yrs old) has been acting strangely for quite some time now. She has always had a sensitive stomach, sometimes not eating for a day or so. We've tried food for sensitive stomach, etc.. Recently took her to the vet because she was acting like she had little strength in her hips, sometimes losing her balance. They did x-rays for hip issues, found nothing out of place, and said it was probably muscle strain, since she's more of a long, lean body type.
The last few days, she's been more listless than normal, wandering around aimlessly, and she doesn't seem to be able to get comfortable enough to just lay in my lap in the recliner (used to be one of her favorite things to do) Last night, she was making laps around the kitchen, walking slowly and stopping at each corner before turning and continuing on. She also wants to climb up on things... her cage, the backs of the kitchen chairs, etc... she just climbs up and sort of perches on the top. I'm pretty sure she's in some type of pain, as she will quiver gently when I'm holding her.
Has anyone seen this type of behavior, or have any ideas about what could be causing it?
She and her brother (Duke, healthy, built like a little tank) both eat Eukanuba food, and the only treats we give them are Puperoni sticks. We also add some chicken broth to their food at nearly every feeding.
Any advice would be appreciated...
first off are you adding low sodium broth to food? as high sodium can lead to kidney issues so have you had urine checked and blood work done? Also NO PUPPERONIS those things are very high in fat and can lead to pancreatitis - vet said those are the worst
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!