View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #11
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4doggiemama View Post
I always go for my vet's opinion when I question the health of one of my babies. Let us know how it goes. ~Joanne~

I agree. I have seen people say that you should let them go for two or three days and see if it gets better. While it may get better....is it fair to leave them in pain while you are looking to avoid a vet bill? I don't think so. I know that most people would take themselves to a doctor if they injured themselves and were in pain. Many of them would take pain pills. So, why treat our pups differently? We do not know what is wrong and cannot feel their pain; nor can we diagnose. I do not play with anything like that. Maybe it is not an emergency, but pain is not pleasant. As for the theory that pain is good for them, I say let the person who says that live with the pain for a day or two. If a dog is showing pain, it is in real pain. They are masters at hiding their pain. And, as for the theory that pain will prevent them from jumping....WE can prevent them from jumping. Leaving a dog in pain is not kind imho.
Keep us posted...I hope your baby is ok!
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!