Thread: FLEAS ?! Help!
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #7
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

I wouldn't cut his hair, the Frontline should start working soon. Rather than bombing your house, you can sprinkle regular table salt on the carpets at night, it will cause the fleas to dehydrate and vacuum in the morning. I use Revolution topical Heartworm stuff on all my pets, as it does fleas, mites and ticks in addition to the HW, and it is one chemical, as opposed to 2 or more using other products. I would also get another kind of topical from my vet, and alternate on a monthly basis. Also talk to your vet, some products can be applied again sooner than 1 month to help with the initial knock out. I've used the products from the chain stores but never had much luck with them. The products from the vets always worked better. Also your pup may have an allergy to flea saliva, and your vet can give you something for that to make him less itchy until the fleas are gone. Most shampoos will knock out fleas at least temporarily, important to use a sink or tub sprayer to get them out of his coat when in the bath. Using a blow dryer on medium setting can aid in removal also as it will separate the hair for better visual inspection.

Last edited by kjc; 02-09-2010 at 11:31 AM.
kjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!