View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 01:24 AM   #1
dryoasis88
Senior Yorkie Talker

Rain Puppy hates being outside

Hi! I have a 12 week old Biewer, Hepburn, and he hates being outside. I live in Berlin, Germany, and live on the 4th floor in an apartment. He still needs to wait two more weeks according to the Vet until he can go out on the sidewalks, but we have a back courtyard and no other dogs live in my building, so he goes out there. I take him out each morning and before bed, 1 hour after eating, and after naps or play, but he just stands there on the ground (ok there is snow and gravel, I wouldn't want to be out there either) and shakes. Sometimes he looks at me with those eyes and I can't help but pick him up and take him in. I tell him to go potty, but he just won't move at all. He is either so scared or cold, I just don't know! Any suggestions on how to remedy this problem? He does have paper/pee pads in the house, and he will pee on them sometimes, but mostly he goes on the floor or the area rug if I don't catch him sniffing and take him out, but even then, he won't go outside, and he will still pee on the floor when we come in! I am tired of trekking up and down the steps to watch him stand on the ground! I want him to go outside eventually, although I know he won't be trained at 12 weeks, and I would be happy with mostly on the paper and outside when I take him.
dryoasis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!