View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 08:38 PM   #8
HisNameIsHarley
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akitakt
I have heard from a couple of sources that there is actually no such thing as a teapot Yorkie. I guess you can call Harley a teapot yorkie because he is the size of one, but it's a term that describes a dog that is smaller than the breed standard. Yorkie's are supposed to be 7 pounds or less according to the AKC breed standard. So your yorkie is a normal yorkie. I'm not sure who came up with the 'teacup' description but I think it was intended to make money. ie "let's call it a teacup and charge $500 more"
hehe no no! We're making fun of the term "TeaCUP" yorkies bc our babies are over the standard and since so many tiny yorkies are described as teaCUP yorkies we're going to start a group of TeaPOT yorkies!

I too dislike the term teacup when it's used in selling scams and know that it's not an AKC approved size description. But I started this thread soley just for fun! Just a joke! In another thread someone asked about what size constitutes a yorkie to be a teacup and someone replied about their dog being a "teapot" yorkie bc he's bigger lol So it's basically an inside joke

But as far as Harley being a 'normal yorkie' I don't think there are really any different types of yorkies. He is larger than AKC standard so he will never be show quality or be used for breeding but he's just as much a yorkie as everybody elses! They just come in all shapes and sizes! I love me some !!!!

Last edited by HisNameIsHarley; 11-17-2005 at 08:42 PM.
HisNameIsHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!