Thread: FLEAS ?! Help!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
YorkieKrazed
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default FLEAS ?! Help!

Hey everyone -- My 4 year old yorkie Tucker is chewing and scratching, he came and sat down in front of me 2 days ago and I looked down at the top of his head and there were these little black specks and a red spot. He was bleeding and right next to the blood was a HUGE fat flea -- boy I grabbed that sucker off his head and killed it with a vengence..but of course, there were more. I rushed to Petco and bought some 17 dollar Zodiac flea shampoo...now this has pesticides in it of course and fleas were dropping off in the tub. Now it is 2 days later and he is licking the side of his belly raw and keeps itching everywhere else...SO--- I ran to Target tonight and spent 60 dollars on Frontline Plus. NOW -- I am a worry wart, OCD-er and I want to make sure he isn't OVERDOSED on pesticides, do you think it is SAFE for me to give him the Frontline yet or?

Also - any opinions on flea bombing the home?

I have never had to deal with fleas...never thought he would get them but we moved down to San Diego from Seattle (where we never had a problem) and they thrive here I guess...

HELP HELP HELP please -- any input is so appreciated- especially from fellow experienced yorkie owners.

Thank you so much!
YorkieKrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!