View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #13
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
I have to snicker on this...

Well I am glad you realize she is not a veggie but cesar's has by products which could be dead animals from the dumps...not good. Full of animals with diseases and vaccinations up the youhooooooo.

Why don't you send a message to Ann the moderator as she is also a vegetarian and see what she feeds her little ones...Actually there are a number of people here on YT...do another thread asking for imput from Vegetarians...
Input from a pescatarian (I eat fish, but not meat or poultry):
No Cesars! I agree. I wouldn't even want to see what they make their food out of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
A couple summer ago, my Yorkie caught a rabbit and feasted on it. I was screaming and a mess seeing him do that. The rabbit was so fat that it couldn't get thru the fence. He shore had a feast I am sure those products won't bother him. I hate to admit....but I bought him a piece of baked chicken from Kroger's grocery today. Now are ya'll going to be upset with me for this
People do what they want to do anyway, so it is really a waste of energy to get mad about it. The way I look at it is this. There are certain acceptable feeding methods to choose from. When choosing outside of those, you are putting your dog at a higher risk than need be (potentially). In other words, it's your decision, but it's also your vet bill (or worse yet, loss) if something goes wrong (pancreatitis, disease transferred from rabbit, etc.). I'm not saying that my dog has or has ever had the perfect diet, but it is generally accepted as safe in the eyes of veterinary nutritionists.

While I wouldn't recommend Cesars, I'd rather see a dog eat that than kill and eat a rabbit or have an unbalanced, homecooked diet.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!