Thread: Tail docking
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #417
mommadog1
BANNED!

[quote=Mardelin;2992973]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadog1 View Post

So in the case of these pups, were they all of the same litter.....was it caused by a scratched tear duct on all 3? Or if hereditary, would you think the hereditary was passed on by the Poodle side or the Cocker side?
It was 3 different litters, 3 different moms. All we caused by scratch to the eyes. first pup it went away with treatment, other 2 I had to have repaired. There is really no way of stopping it. Now if I had a dog that kept having pups with cherry eyes I would never breed her again (or the male).

I breed cockapoo to cockapoo so it is hard to say for sure if it is hereditary. I have read it isn't but I question that with breeders like the lady I dealt with years ago who had several in each litter..Cocker spaniels.

I know it can happen to any breed, just some are more prone to it because of the eyes, like mainly droopy eyed breeds. I never had it happen with my cockers when I was breeding and showing them. I breed 2nd and 3rd generation cockapoos and have for about 8 years. I have 3 females and 1 male right now.
mommadog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!