View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 07:03 PM   #1
Lexi's_Mommy
~GirlieGirls~
Donating Member

Cry My vet made me cry

I have so had it with my vets office.

First off this is the office that spayed Lexi and left an ovary in her. (different Dr. though) I have been battleing allergies for a couple months. Lexi has been on Benadryl and they wanted to put her on a steroroid, but I said not yet (to many horror stories). Well tonight I took Lexi back because she has chewed one of her little ninnies til it bled and I noticed some very tiny spots on her that almost looked like bites. This vet says I would like to do a skin scrape test on her and rule out any sort of mange. OK, will it hurt her and what is it? She said "I just scrape a small spot of skin and then test it, it will leave a small scratch" ok lets do it. She then starts scraping a spot on her chest and Lexi just laid there being so good, then let out a tiny whimper and there was blood all over the vets hand and she says (it's a kind deep scratch but she'll be fine. I started crying then when I saw the spot I really started crying it is bigger than a quarter. She didn't even clean it off, I had to ask for a clean damp rag. She comes back in the room and says the test came back neg. YEAH, nope she then tells me that some times you can do this test over and over and may possiably never get a positive and the dog still have something, and that she would still like to treat her for mange/parasites(sp). What did you do it for then? I also told her Lexi's hair and skin is really dry could she give me a moisturizing shampoo, and she said well I don't think we should treat her for several things at once because then we may never know what was wrong. I said wait a minute, we are giving her Benadryl, have her on a duck and potatoe diet, treating her for mange or other parasites, and you don't want to give me a shampoo that could relieve some of the itching? Now I'm angry. I told her look I am her every 2 weeks for you all to do your follow up crap and she is getting worse, I wanted to do the allergy test and you all say lets wait til spring, I have been very patient and now I'm telling you that I'm going to treat her coat and skin and for your sake you all better hope that this whole allergy thing is an allergy and that she isn't scratching just because of dry skin (that I have pointed out atleast 5 times in the last 3 months when this all started). I am spending a min of $75 every other week. This visit was $107. I then asked for her meds and said I'm leaving this visit is over.
I have also pointed out that Tori has started itching (not nearly as bad as Lexi)and her hair is breaking in the same places as Lexi's. I think it would be a bit odd to have 2 different yorkies from 2 different not at all related bloodlines that have allergies and loosing hair in the same places. I don't think they are really listening though.
I am going to be spending the next week or 2 visiting new vets til I find one that I really like. My gut told me not to go back to that office after Lexi's whole heat thing but I thought this place knows her and this other Dr. is supose to be a great Dr. HA...

Sorry this is so long. I am just so upset. I am really worried about my baby and just wanted a little sympathy from the vet. I just want her better.
Lexi's_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!