View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #101
pancakepat
Senior Yorkie Talker

I've read some of these posts. Good topic. Put me on a roller coaster of emotion. I adopt "only".
I really thought everyone heard of puppy mills, wrong. Took grandson for hair cut yesterday. Had my little adopted yorkie w/me. The girl asked about her, so I told her she was rescued from puppy mill. You guessed it! Her question was, "What's a puppy mill?" Let me tell you, I went into detail of the horrors these little babies go through. Then I told her to inform yourself & pass the word.
One most important thing we can do right now, from the comfort of our home..........
Call our congressmen & senators.......TODAY
Then Call.... AGAIN....&...AGAIN....&....AGAIN
Put their numbers on "speed dial"!
Keep conversation short & to the point or they'll tune you out. Been there, done this, & still doing it. Could use some help. More phone calls.....more gets done.

Something that Patti said "really" struck home w/me.
Said, "After awhile you see the anxiety turn to resignation." This is SOOOO true. My little girl was already past the resignation stage. Think the next emotional step for her was, "I can't go on...... I'm ready to die." She wouldn't even lift her head from the wire cage. When I took her outside, she just stood in 1 spot. She looked like an upside down U. Head down/rearend down. Have you ever seen an animal w/kennel stare? Heartbreaking....their looking into nothingness. How could anyone choose buying over rescue/adopting is beyond me. So they have health issues! How much do you pay a breeder? What I've read, it could be anywhere from $400 to $4000.
Can't begin to describe the feelings you get when seeing these little babies changing. They litterly come alive. My little Tabitha has. And she's still changing. Everyday to her is a new day. She's only one reason I KEEP making my phone calls (& e-mails).
pancakepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!