View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #5
jazzalyn
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Tongue about barking

Hi, I have stopped most of the barking when Daisy hears someone walk past or an outside noise by teaching her to come to me when she starts to bark,so now she give's just one bark then runs to me, sometimes she just stands on her back legs and I stroke her and she soon forgets about the noise,if I think a noise needs investigating I then carry her while I check it out.the only time she forgets to come to me is if something comes through the letter box she then gets so excited and barks continuously while running round in circles then I have to shout come here.If someone is at the door she barks with excitment she loves visitors so before I open the door I tell her to get in her bed which she does this stops her barking and maybe running out the door in the excitment she is a tiny 4lb little girl.
She is a quick learner and makes me laugh as she tries to control me, she makes fast little stamping movements at me, to get my attention, if I dont take any notice she will add a little gruff noise I say" what do you want " she might then repeatly put out her tongue which means food.or take me to her coat, which means walkies.or to the back door if she wants to go in the garden.or indicate she wants to go to bed .which means she takes me to the back door and when she has been out takes me to her crate where she sleeps.and then never a peep till morning in all the two years I have had her.
jazzalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!