View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #22
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kionini View Post
IBS? Wow, I didn't think of that. My boy vomits at least once a week. He's on Famotidine at the moment, but we've been trying different meds. to try and figure out what is the problem. The vet asked me to keep a journal and write down every situation and times surrounding the vomit.

My boy, Nicky, gets into everything, he has to taste everything in sight. Now that someone mention their sensitivity of in-house pollutants, I'm going to keep an eye on that too. I use a face cream for skin irritation (I get this this time of the year), and I'm wondering if this could be THE cause or one of them, since Nicky kisses me a lot.

Also, I've noticed that he loves the smell of coffee. When I have a cup, he jumps on me and kisses me on the mouth (?) The vet told me that so much vomiting irritates the lining of the stomach and it takes about 24 hours for it to recuperate, so no heavy foods in the mean time, just a table spoon of ID food every meal time, plus the meds. We do that, but it happens again, even while on the meds!

Nicky vomited again last night; the difference this time was that he usually does it in the morning and it's usually a yellow, foamy liquid. Last night it was solid food It's so confusing and frustrating---I know how you feel.
if morning bile then give a little food before bed to keep that from happening. Vomitting food up is inflammatory bowel disese in small intestines especially since this is happening alot. I do not believe it is cream or coffee on face it is food related -

what are you feeding? YOu want to steer clear of inflammatory foods like white potato in diet. Yorkies have sensitive stomachs and are prone to ibd and pancreatitis and no vomitting all the time is not good and can lead to other problems so the key is finding the right diet
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!