View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 01:57 AM   #1
violet voon
YT Addict

Cry I'm so heartbroken..maybe I shouldn't get her spayed

I got Sugar spayed last Thursday, I just got home from animal medical centre to have her stitches removed.
I don't know how other surgeons do it, but the surgeon who perform the surgery pasted adhesive bandages over the stitches, however he used cotton/cloth (I'm not sure) to protect the stitches, not pasted directly on the stitches itself.
Today is the 10th day, my mum and I brought her to the medical centre... Sugar was frightened, she remembers the scent of the place, my mum stayed at the lobby as I went in the medical room with Sugar, it's a female vet (not the one who performed the surgery) told me it's going to be a little painful to Sugar, and then, she started to tear the adhesive bandages.. Sugar cried, I swear she was crying. It was extremely painful to her. I was panicked, rushed out from the room, at the lobby, my mum and I heard Sugar's voice, she just cried and cried, I was very heartbroken, tears rolled down..
My mum was really upset, she said the surgeon shouldn't have pasted the adhesive bandages over Sugar's tummy.
Minutes later, the vet brought Sugar out, the surface (epidermis) of her skin came out, her dermis was clearly shown. I was shocked and very upset
I knew the surgeon pasted the adhesive bandages because Sugar is a very active little one, and she's very rough when she plays. The bandages is to protect the stitches, just still...I felt very heartbroken.
Did your vet/surgeons paste adhesive bandages after the surgery?
Right now Im not sure if I should bring her to fix her hernia 5-6 months later, I really have no idea.
(A little info about the hernia, the senior vet suggested surgery should be done separately, as Sugar doesn't have much muscles to support, it's OK to fix it together, but it wouldn't do any good to Sugar)
Maybe you think I overreacted, but it was really sad to see their little body shivering in pain.. My mum scolded me, she said I shouldn't get her spayed at first place, Sugar wouldn't have to go through all these :'(

Last edited by violet voon; 02-07-2010 at 01:59 AM.
violet voon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!