View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #11
princessizzy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper Jax View Post
He has been back home now and besides being a little "tender" he is slowly starting to get some pep back. Once in a while he will walk around squatting as if he has to go, but nothing happens. I hate it for him. He's not the same guy I saw last night, but I guess I wouldn't be either if I went through an ordeal such as an enema when I was 1.7 pounds.

The vet also gave him his second set of vaccinations, which I thought he would want to wait, so he is a little groggy from that. He hasn't had a successful poop yet, but I'm sure he doesn't want to bear down too much. He's eating a little and drinking water but I have to make him. He's just so down and I can tell he does not want to feel yucky like this!

The vet told me to give him 2 ccs of honey and 1/2 cc of nutrical every day for precautionary purposes against the hypoglycemia. So I did that.

If he is still squatting but not going in the morning, we'll be back at the vet. Fingers crossed!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice! I'm so glad I found this forum it's been a God send in making it through this first week without having a panic attack!
I'm sure he will be fine...I also had to cut the backside of Izzy so her pooped did not get stuck and after I'm done I use baby wipes to make sure she is clean...This helps alot. Good luck!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!