View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

When was Ruger neutered? 5 months old is a little early. My understanding is that neutering will help with marking, but not potty training in general.

Confine Ruger to a very limited area in your home, perhaps one room with his piddle pad. You can switch confinement areas throughout the day depending on your needs and activity. If you catch him in the act of peeing where he isn't supposed to, don't yell, but give him a stern "no".

When Ruger starts doing things right, you can enlarge his roaming area in your home. Always keep the piddle pad within easy access range.

You need to eliminate the scent of pee spots from the flooring where Ruger has accidents. There are varying opinions on what works best: Nature's Miracle or white vinegar. I don't think it would hurt to use both, one after the other. Do a test spot on your flooring. I have also read that the Nature's Miracle needs to sit on the spot, or it needs to be reapplied a couple of times to work. If you have carpeting, investing in a steam cleaner would be worthwhile.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!