View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 04:50 PM   #5
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Yep, the doggie door did the trick for us too in the potty training battle. Rowdy was doing OK, but still having a few accidents. Within a day of the doggie door - no more accidents - except for a wierd week about 2 months later - all of a sudden he decided to poop in the house. It started on a day it was raining. It lasted about a week and then stopped as suddenly as it started. I definitely would recommend a doggie door. However, I know some people don't have a fenced yard, in which case a doggie door obviously would not work. Others live in places that have hawks or coyotes, etc and again, it would not work. But for those of us who have fenced, locked, safe backyards, it is a godsend!

I will say though, that I have to watch him like a hawk when we go to other places because he is not good about asking to go out - he really doesn't know how to ask. If there is a glass door, and he can see outside, he will go stand in front of the door, but he will not bark or anything to let me know he has to go. Other than vigilance at other places, the doggie door is the berries!!!

Unfortunately, our doggie door is in our storm door and we have to have the solid door open for him to go out. We close and lock the solid door at night so, he can't go out in the middle of the night without waking me up - which he does most every night with sweet little puppy kisses!!! I really don't mind the kisses, it's the getting up that I don't much care for.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!