View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #10
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
Good point. Whole Dog Journal has a whole article about ligament injuries and I was just reading about it. It does state "Conservative management" is an often overlooked - but frequently effective - option for ligament injuries.
yes and my dd ruptured acl and spoke to two orthopedics and our vet and they said 2 months rest and she is perfectly fine - it happened 2/09 and she is fine. I think way too many people rush into this surgery and LP surgery when unnecessary in a toy breed. The scar tissue builds up and creates a tendon in small dogs so no need to put them through that surgery unless after 2 mos rest dog is in pain and lifting leg all the time - I just got the wdj yesterday and i am so glad i waited as first vet wanted to do surgery in TWO WEEKS and i consulted with more people and joined conservative management group on yahoo and so glad i did not put my dog through that surgery and even if they have surgery they still can get arthritis so no reason to put them through a surgery to avoid arthritis as they will still get along with scar tissue. And having ruptured my achilles scar tissue lasts a long time after surgery in some people and dogs
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!