View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
Pup-e-Love
YT 500 Club Member

Default What would you suggest?

Reesie is 6 months old. I can not seem to get him on an eating schedule. He gets so distracted by my 3 kids. He is always wanting to play even if they are in another room, he hears them and wants to be where they are so he will not eat. I would like to feed him twice a day, but it is not working. I'm not sure if he is still too young to be put on a schedule or not. If I really want him to eat, a lot of times I have to hand feed him a little so he will taste it and then will eat some on his own. Otherwise, I end up having to keep his food down throughout the day for him to eat. I also tried to pick it up after giving him the opportunity to eat, but that didn't seem to work. He just would not eat, and it didn't seem to bother him. He is 9 lbs. So I'm not too worried about him starving. I think he is holding out to scavenge the floor for crumbs that my kids leave, which I try my hardest to keep clean. I also put him on his leash while we are eating so he will not get anything that may fall on the floor. But he still seems to find something. Should I just keep his food down all day, or stick with only feeding him twice a day? Thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!