View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
CarolineH120
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by florencelisa View Post
I'm kind of sad. Today Manolo had a health exam and the vet said she had luxating patella on both hind legs. She's 1.5 years old, and only now I find this out. Her grade on one leg is Grade 1, and the other leg is Grade 1-2 according to the vet. I just thought she was perfect with no defects whatsoever. It doesn't change my feelings about Manolo, OF course NOT but I'm just worried that maybe she won't get to live as long because of this.
I want Manolo with me in my lifetime as long as possible. Anybody here with furbabies that have luxating patella? Are there any recommendations to how I can help her with this issue. Anyone out there have a yorkie with this condition that lived up to 15+ years or so?? I would love to hear from you.
Hey My wee Cassie past away 2 weeks ago she was 9 years old her sister was just a year old when both her legs had to get op on with a pin put in both legs the op is very successful. they will do one leg first this is what they done with my sister yorkie but the other leg always needs done too. I was hoping that cassie didnt get the same coz that was her sister but quest what when she was 3 years old she had one leg then the other. Cassie had small lumps on her skin too that where removed yorkies can get theses too. When your wee one gets its legs done it will be in alot off pain so the vet may keep you wee one in for a few days. Hope all goes well let me know.
Caz xx
CarolineH120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!