View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 03:34 AM   #4
jadabug
Jada + Bogie = ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I have used the Hartz Oatmeal and something from the pet store that had Arm & Hammer baking soda in it -- both left my pup with wet doggy smell. Mixing the Hartz with Pantene is probably making the smell worse.

The slightly more expensive shampoo and conditioners will leave your pup smelling nice. I like the scent of PetSilk. Biogroom is great for the coat, but the scent reminded me of a hair salon. I used it for the first time this week and the smell is growing on me. Chris Christiansen is another great brand. I think the scent of CC "Day to Day" is coconut based.

I haven't used Splash 'n Shine, but reviewers have described it as smelling "heavenly."
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalnutHill View Post
Thanks Maximo.

Just to explain a litle about Splash and Shine (since I make it) - it is organic and works WITH the natural skin oils, instead of against them. Most shampoos (since they are mostly man-made chemicals) clean by stripping away everything - dirt, oils, etc. Our shampoo removes dirt, but leaves most of the healthy oils and lets the Yorkie's skin restore it's natural balance. In most cases, the "stinky" dog problem is because the body is over producing skin oils lost during bathing. With a more natural shampoo, the oils aren't lost so the body isn't over-producing them.

I think Splash and Shine is completely different from any other shampoo and conditioner on the market. Since it's organic, it can be a "hard sell" sometimes, but it, in my opinion, is a great product for all Yorkies, particularly those with sensitive skin or a a smell issue. Of course, I make it, so I am completely biased.
Splash and Shine is the best shampoo and conditioner I have ever used. The smell is awesome and they smell heavenly for days. I will never change shampoos again. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!