View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
florencelisa
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynn View Post
I have 3 yorkies here with from a grade 2 to grade 3 in both knees and are doing great! I choose not to have surgery as it is not affecting their movements running and having fun. they are not in pain and as long as I keep their weight under control and limit the amount of jumping they are fine. I give supplements and control their diet. I have a 6 year old a 5 year old and a 4 year old with LP in both legs and none are showing signs and all 3 have one grade 3 in and one has a grade 2. One has a grade 3 in both knees no problems and one has a grade 3 in one and a grade 2 in the other and one has a grade 3 in both. As long as they are not limping and showing no pain I will NOT have the surgery as it's a difficult and painful surgery. One can live a very long life with LP. Diet and exercise and supplements seem to be the trick.
I hope this helps.

Donna Bird
Brooklynn's Yorkshire Terriers

Thanks so much! That is exactly what I plan on doing. Providing her with the best diet and supplements. I'm really glad to have the support of YT members. Thank goodness! I already feel so much better.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!