View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
PartPixie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Duchess has bloody diahria and is vomiting -- Help!

Hi All, Please help!

I just got my baby from another YT poster on Sunday. When I picked her up, she had thrown up but the breeder said she thought Duchess had gotten car sick. Then she threw up again on the way home.

Seemed okay on Monday, but on Tuesday, I noticed she was constipated. I thought it might be because the breeder had forgotten her food, and after visiting three stores in the area I still couldnt find the brand she named, so I bought Royal Canine Indoor Puppy, as I heard it was a good quality (from YT research )

Anyway, I didn't have any wet food or pumpkin so I gave Duchess just two tablespoons of skim milk (I read a little bit is okay for this purpose). This morning Duchess got up and when she went potty I noticed it was covered in a bloody mucus. After that I noticed her tummy was gurgling badly and she kept squatting to go poopers, but only clear liquid with blood would drop out. <sigh>

Being a good puppy mommy, I called the vet and they said to bring her in "just in case". It turns out Duchess has a bad case of ear mites which has caused a yeast infection AND a intestinal bacteria infection!

The vet told me to watch her and keep fluids in her. If she got lethargic or didn't drink to call them and bring her back in because they would need to put her on an IV. <sigh> He said that depending on how long she had been sick that she might have intestinal problems for the rest of her life.

SO... I get home, and she throws up all over me. She is drained on energy, wont eat, wont drink... then throws up three more times. So I called the vets office and get the receptionist. I remind her that the vet told me to call if she got lethargic and wouldnt drink. She says, Just watch her. I ask if there is anything I should be looking for... she says, "No"

I am watching Duchess carefully and she did get up and wonder around for about two minutes then flopped back in my lap.

Any help I could get from you would be greatly appreciated! I am sure I am over reacting, but I am worried.

Help please!!!

PS
I called the breeder, she had no idea the baby was sick and I believe her. So please be kind.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!