Thread: Tail docking
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #77
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynn View Post
You'll never see a show breeders/exhibitors position because you have no interest in it so your mind is closed to what we have to say and you have your mind so set against what we do...so therefore it probably never will come to you or will you get it. It's sad when one's mind stays so closed minded...Maybe you prefer puppymill/petstore or byb yorkies instead of what we put behind our breeding program?

Donna
Let me see if I understand this - I say I disagree with tail docking, I say I disagree with a lot of common wisdom on show breeding, I state my reasons why. Then, rather then debate my points, you tell me I'm closed minded and must be pro-puppy mills.

Not to toot my own horn, but I am pretty open-minded, and I'm not just going to take someone's word for it because They Should Be Believed. If you really have a case, back up your arguments well, THAT'S what will convince people. Insulting someone or writing them off just means you can't defend your position.

And for me, that's where statements like, "If you truly love the breed, you should xxx." I love ALL dogs, but that doesn't mean I turn off my mind! No disrespect to Nancy1999, I know we disagree on this issue, and I think from her other posts I know where she is coming from.

And for the record, people I love and respect have posted here in support of tail docking. Still don't agree with it though.
QuickSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!